Duel Enrollment/Industry Based Certification
What is TSTC Dual Enrollment (DE)?
Dual Enrollment allows high school students to take college courses and earn college and high school credit in a technical program.
- College courses are available at some high school campuses through a credentialed instructor, on-site at a Texas State Technical College (TSTC) campus, or through a Distance Learning class taught by a TSTC instructor.
- When a student completes their TSTC pathway while in high school, they can shorten the time it takes to earn a Certificate I, Certificate II or Associate of Applied Science degree in a technical program.
- Dual Enrollment offers students a head start by earning college credit before they graduate from high school!
Important things to know about TSTC DE:
- Only students from school districts with whom TSTC has an agreement are eligible to participate.
- Courses taken by high school students must be approved by the school district.
- High school Dual Enrollment students are considered college students.
- It is important for the student to be committed to the course work and the program they have chosen, as grades will be recorded on a permanent college transcript, which will affect future college/university admissions, scholarships, financial aid, etc.